Monday, November 10, 2008

Power outages and Hatstravaganza!

First the power thing, in the middle of the picture, you can kind of see the smoke. Click on the picture for a larger view.


In this one, the smoke is not so clear, but it's still there, and you have a some of the the action early on. (Again, you can click on the picture for a bigger view)

A tree trimming crew was out and hit a line. The lights flickered for a while, and I shut down the computer. I wandered around in and out of the house a few times (also taking pictures of the landscaping progress, but that's a blog for another day), and got some shots. I heard one of the firemen tell another one that they were going to "shut it down until it was fixed." And then they had a guy in a truck with a cherry picker come and shut down our power. It took close to 3 hours to get it back on. In the meantime, the kids and I went to lunch and I then took them to work. After I got back, there was still no power for about an hour, so I hung out with mom for a bit, and then I came home and read for a while.

But yesterday I finished the last of the hats that I made for Sharon as requested in a comment on the blog about the pink scarf that became a hat. They're not modeled on heads, but here are those hats in all their glory.


As always, click on the picture to enlarge.


2 comments:

Lindsay Jean said...

How much do I love the term "Hatstravaganza"?

Sweet NJ Mom said...

I love the hats—especially the two in my favorite colors (lavender and pale blue). One of these days I'll learn how to knit.