Yep, I'm conceding a small measure of defeat. It's those swatches. Here's the thing, I would like nothing better than to want to knit all 366 of them. The fact is, though, that I don't want to. I'm not enjoying it, and I haven't been for a couple of weeks. The best week of this year so far was the week that I finished them all by Tuesday and had a few days where I didn't have to knit on them for a few days.
There are so many other things I want to knit without feeling guilty for not knitting the stupid swatches. Like every other item on my knitting goals list for the year (it's to your right). I want to knit socks. I want to finish my sweater. I want to make some mittens for Amanda that aren't abject failures (you'll have to wait until Friday for that story). I want to go to the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival market place this weekend, and if I find something fabulous, I want to be able to come home and start knitting new yarn.
So that's what I'm going to do. On Friday, I'll have the last of the swatches and the mitten and whatever else I decide to work on between now and then. Very probably a sock.
P.S. I actually do want, very much, to actually do more than 1 day of Couch To 5K (seriously want to not just wish I wanted to), but this week it's not happening. I've started getting up earlier, which is a key in the journey to running on a regular basis, but I've also been putting in some extra work time because of a particularly busy situation we're having now. Next week, I'm starting to make that treadmill my bitch again.
No comments:
Post a Comment