The weather forecast for today is hot. Maybe not hot for everyone who reads this blog, but pretty damn toasty for Western Washington; supposed to be close to 90.
I'm already miserable and it's still in the mid 70s. I'm contemplating actually putting my shoes on and looking like a dork, because if I don't, by the end of the work day, my feet will be huge (like Fred Flintstone huge). Couple that with that fact that I've had to wear a carpal tunnel brace on my right wrist since the painting (which really hurt me), I'm feeling old, decrepit, and cranky.
When did this happen? When did I stop being the girl who, having lived in Maryland for 8 years (and many years in the hot, sticky Midwest), scoffed at the heat? When did I get to be the girl whose feet swell up at the end of a hot day when I've been sitting a lot?
I actually know the answer to the second part; it was on the drive out here. After day 2, in which we drove from Ohio to Minnesota, my feet were huge, and now it happens on hot days pretty routinely.
My grandmother was right, "it's hell growing old." I'm only 43; this blows.
4 comments:
It only reached 84 in Poulsbo!
If it's 84 in Poulsbo, it's probably 83 where I'm at.
You're wimp. Admit it.
hahahahahahaah
no. seriously? I think our bodies have gotten too used to the 10 month winter seasons.
I beg to differ, winter is only 8months, not 10. :-D
It was almost 90 down here, and I was just miserable.
I'm much better now, though.
I actually think 90 is hot too even though I live in Southern California. My friends live in "the valley" where it is routinely 110 degrees. 110 degrees shouldn't even exist. What's another word for hot as hell?
Post a Comment