Friday, December 25, 2009

Friday Knitting blog

(Apologies in advance, there are a lot of links in this post)

Hmm, blogger didn't load pictures in it's normal backward fashion, so we have the swag first and then the project.

This is what the kids got me for Christmas. It's possibly the world's largest knitting bag (although not the largest from Namaste), the Laguna (near the bottom of the page in the link I managed to make successfully - thank you, Lindsay) in a now-discontinued color, Saddle. Stunningly enough, I actually wanted a bag in a more "conventional" purse color although I admit that I love some of the brighter colors available, like the pink and the peacock.

In this picture, the bag contains just about all my Knit Picks needles, a bunch of knitting accessories, and my current work in progress (a picture of which is at the bottom of this post). There's still lots of room for growth in the bag.

In this picture, I stuffed my February Lady Sweater in it, too, and there's still room for a few more things. It also has a super-long strap so I can wear it across my body. It's the knitting bag of joy and wonder, and I think it'll be my carry on bag for my cruise and the flight to LAX to get to the cruise. There's pockets and zippers aplenty inside and outside, too. And it's faux leather, so the animal lovers among us can also enjoy it.

And here's my current work in progress. Gloves for Amanda, the fingers are about 2/3 normal glove length so that she can work with them on. The little tube over the ring finger is one of these from KnitPicks which I got with my birthday gift card to them from mom. Two for $4.99, and they're genius.


The yarn is Malabrigo sock in the Caribeno color, and the pattern is a very heavily modified version of Knotty Gloves by Julia Mueller of Laris Designs. For Ravelry users, this is a link to my project page where I outline the modifications.

3 comments:

Cat Connor said...

Now that is the best knitting bag I've ever seen! It's gorgeous.

Loving those little tube thingies too... what a brilliant idea.

Merry Christmas.

Cat x

Lindsay Jean said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful, practical bag and I love the glove. I'm excited to see it.

Lynda the Guppy said...

Beautiful bag! Smart children. *grin* Enjoy it! I didn't realize you were cruising out of LA! I wish there was time for us to meet up.